Are you our new colleague?
We are looking for a candidate who is up for the challenge of running our Sourcing Department from Kuala Lumpur to over eight markets in Asia. This is an opportunity to become part of an international company, responsible for sourcing fresh fruit from over 25 different countries. You will be directly involved and responsible for growing our turnover throughout sourcing, managing the quality assurance process with suppliers, and dealing with A players of the industry.
What will be expected from you:
• Manage overseas suppliers, season planification, keep track of offers and demand inquiries up to date.
• Maintain a strong and constant relationship with suppliers by phone, email, and in person.
• Identify and evaluate potential suppliers to ensure the availability of products and ensure smooth operation.
• Have a good overview of market demand to connect.
• Negotiation skills to obtain the best deal.
• Manage together with the quality assurance team and manage the due diligence process on new suppliers.
• Travelling to international trade shows.
• Be a team player, work as a bridge between Sales Units and our Suppliers.
What do you need for this position?
• At least 3 years of purchasing experience. Coming from a perishable industry will be an advantage.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills, good manners to be able to communicate with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders at the international level.
• High learning speed and agility to navigate in ambiguity.
• Demonstrated success in risk management, responsible sourcing, and supplier relationship management.
• International experiences/exposure in managing other markets remotely.
• Excellent English language skills, Cantonese, Mandarin or Bahasa Indonesia language would be an advantage.
• Flexibility in working hours and occasional business trips.
• Work Ethics and an accurate, organized work attitude are essential.
• Ability to confront challenges in a positive manner.
What you can expect from us
• A modern workplace in a motivated international team.
• Competitive salary package including attractive yearly bonus.
• 18 days annual leave.
• Key role in a fast-growing and leading organization.
• Opportunity to travel around the world meeting, different suppliers and buyers.
• Individual training opportunities and growth potentials.
• Team building activities and fun events from time to time.
At Fruit X we are dedicated to achieving our business goals by continually pushing our boundaries for performance improvement.
At Fruit X we work with the A players of the fruit industry, never discouraged by challenging buyers and strive to bring in and provide the best of the international supply.
With our extensive international umbrella of growers, our offices in Southeast Asia are serving the local markets.
You will join a successful company with a tenacious and agile culture, where we are proud of our well-established organizational structure, that facilitates our teams to work closely with each other.
We are always looking for talented people, so if you find this offer interesting, please contact us:
Tel: +603-2713 6518